apparently it was REALLY funny that it looked like kelly's body was mine....in the mirror...oh juicebags. (YES I am blonde in this photo! what can i say, i've been there and done that for every hair color out there! what do you guys think? should i go blonde again this summer?!)
Ahhhh it's that time of year again! Time to air out the 12-person tent, check the king sized air mattress for any leaks, purchase new gas-powered straighteners and curling irons, and stock up on top shelf vodka and martini mix. Yes, this is the life of my best friend and I, this is our every weekend throughout the summer! Oh yes, we get called every name in the book; barbies, girly girls, city chicks, losers, but truth be told, on night 2 of or camping extravaganza, YOU are the one crawling into my roomy vanity tent begging for a drop of spray in conditioner or some body butter! bahahaha. hilarious. seriously though guys, i know we are pretty girly, but around here, pretty camping is a smart strategy! This is how i met my current boyfriend! not by curling his hair or anything....but by being the girl that could go camping, have a blast, and still be pretty haha. although i love to get dirty at a fishing hole and cause a drunken ruckus on the campground, all of this can be done while looking your best! here are some of the camping essentials that can get you through the summer looking fine fine fine!
1) Full-length mirror (see photo) from wal-mart. Me and kelly discovered this when we went to walmart to get a hand mirror for our tent. Full length mirrors are HALF the price of hand mirrors at walmart! i'm talking like 4 bucks! solid investment. EVERYBODY used ours. they laughed at first....but they were sorry. bonus points for charging girls a 1-shot entrance fee to your tent ;)
2) Big ass bottles of water. We went to a wholesale store and bought a 15 pack of litre bottles of water. hydration is key on binge drinking weekends for looking your best, but also, you never know when you're going to run into a campground with no running water or showers. it is at this point, that washing your hair with dasani never sounded so sweet!
3) Sunblock. Nothing is more unattractive than the drunk lobster girl hitting on your friend.
4) HUGE dope shades. big sunglasses are the world's biggest lifesavers. runny makeup and tired eyes are instantly cured by covering up with a giant piece of tinted plastic. i buy mine cheap so if i lose or break them, no loss! pick up 2 pairs just incase!
5) waterproof mascara. If the eyes are the window to the soul, then we want to frame them with gorgeous full lashes! mascara is the easiest way to look done up but not overdone. make it waterproof, because nobody wants to look like a raccoon.
6) tinted moisturizer (bonus if you get an SPF one!). you want to be a pretty girl, not a prettygirl. don't spend all day in your tent with your studio fix and a 187, or whatever the crap foundation brush number is. slap on some tinted moisturizer and git on girl!!!
7) a cooler full of carrots, celery, cucumbers and broccoli!!! you will feel absolutely terrible if you spend your whole long weekend eating hot dogs and chips! it might sound great once you've chugged a mickey, but trust me, when you feel like crap, people can tell. you won't want to strut around in your cute new VS bikini with a bloated belly!
8) a cute sundress. Because hey, you can be prepared for any type of weather, but please please please be prepared for that FINE unexpected abercrombie model staying 3 campsites down from you.
Now these are a few things that come to my mind when i'm packing.....maybe i'll do a version 2....when i think of more...but hopefully this will get you through some fun weekends!
Love you BARBIES!